AMARIGHTZA IS ABOUT RIGHTS
- Amarightza is about our human rights and responsibilities to each other.
- Amarightza is about socio-economic justice for all.
- Amarightza is based on the Bill of Rights set out in the South African Constitution.
- Amarightza aims to raise awareness of human rights.
- The goal is human dignity, equality, human rights and freedoms!
AMARIGHTZA: WHAT INFORMS THE PROGRAMME
Our rights as set out in the Bill of Rights emphasising Socio-economic rights.
AMARIGHTZA: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
All Rights are equally important and interdependent.
AMARIGHTZA AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC RIGHTS
Socio-economic Rights include right to housing, water, sanitation, food, health care, social security and education.
AMARIGHTZA AND CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS
Civil and Political Rights include right to freedom of expression, access to information, right to privacy, right not to be tortured, right to assemble, demonstrate, picket and petition.
Amarightza’s goals draw on the NDP-VISION -2030 goals which include:
- Promoting a Constitutional Democracy built on the values of human dignity, equality and fundamental freedoms.\
- Promoting an Active Citizenry and Participatory Democracy which aims to bring about transformation with
- Citizens helping to shape the development process.
- Holding the government to account for the quality of services it delivers.
AMARIGHTZA INTENDS TO:
- Bring together Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to work with government departments, independent Chapter Nine institutions, such as the South African Human Rights. Commission, Public Protector and Commission for Gender Equality
- Mainstream a human rights-based approach
- Recognize all persons including those living in poverty as rights-holders and agents of change